Collected by Nick Gracilla
Punta Gorda, Honduras
The less developed eastern end of the island offers much more solitude. There is a great spot not too far past the public access beach in Camp Bay where you can get the best rum punch (offered up homemade in a glass mug with a slice of pineapple)...
Carretera Principal, Sandy Bay 33166, Honduras
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center in Sandy Bay is a great place to relax. I love to snorkel and the coral reef is right in front of the lodge. The beach is quiet. The cabanas are set in a tropical garden. I really like the owners and the...
West End, Honduras
Over the years prices on the island of Roatan have risen astronomically. Most tourist restaurants are charging what many typically think of as "western" prices. To avoid spending all your hard earned cash on food, hit up the street stalls. You can...
West End Road, West End, Honduras
The best meal in the Bay Islands, probably in all of Honduras is the chicken plate at Creole's. Ask any local expat on the island and they will tell you about this great little beach-hut rotisserie joint. Order the quarter chicken with 2 sides and...
Half Moon Bay, West End, Honduras
Most visitors to Roatan snorkel and sun themselves on the island's West Bay Beach, which can get pretty crowded (especially on cruise ships days). Get yourself some extra sand space by heading to the town of West End, just down the road and hang...
This was a great way to get up close and personal with just a few of the exotic animals on the island of Roatan. Because we only had a few hours due to coming into port on Carnival Cruise lines, I found it easy and convenient to book online...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States