Road to India
Collected by andrea maira
Rabindranath Tagore Rd, Pathani Tola, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
On the Ganges to witness the Aarti (prayer) ceremony. Before we boarded a row boat to watch masses come to the Ghats to offer prayers and float tiny oil lamps on the river. The moment that struck me aaas that a woman was sweeping the steps to the...
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Varanasi is India's most holy city. It is not only the ultimate pilgrimage for devout Hindus, but seekers of peace also make it a point to visit Varanasi to de-stress, relax and recharge their souls. It is a city of temples, of age-old rituals and...
SH 36, Khandwari, Uttar Pradesh 232109, India
Around the Ganges, the streets and alley-ways of Varanasi are packed with sellers of anything you can imagine. I passed this flower market on the way back to my hotel, and loved the bright red wall behind the man and his flowers. The text above...
B1/163, Nagwa Rd, Assi ghat, Dumraon Colony, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Varanasi is a city of beautiful chaos. Located on the banks of the Ganges River, it's one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, and also one of the holiest. The river is the pulse of the city and it's worth setting your alarm...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands