Road to Hana
Collected by Gisele Fowle
Pipiwai Trail, Hawaii 96713, USA
This was part of the Pipiwai Trail on the eastern side of Maui. It was right at the end of the Hana Highway. From the highway, it was about a 2 mile hike up into the bamboo forest to reach Waimoku Falls, an enormous waterfall. The bamboo portion...
Kaihalulu Beach, Hana, HI 96713, USA
This was the end of the Hana Highway in Maui. Our guidebook told of a red sand beach, but it specifically left out information on how to get there, in an effort to keep people from spoiling it. Before our trip, I printed out some instructions from...
Hana Hwy, Hawaii, USA
The famous Hana Highway. This loop around the eastern side of Maui is truly spectacular. There are many reasons to pull over and just look around. From the waterfalls, the beaches, and jungle, this spot might have been my favorite. It was a one...
820 Olowalu Village Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is a Maui favorite. The eatery uses locally sourced ingredients to make everything from scratch. The chicken pot pie (pictured), the roast pork hoagie, and the signature burger are particularly delicious. You can't...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign