Collected by Heather Shook
Rtno. del Rey #36, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Mexico's culinary history and repertoire are vast, with significant variations by region. In the Yucatan Peninsula, where Cancun is located, many traditional dishes are informed and inspired by the Mayan culture. You can learn what that means and...
Av. Rafael Melgar L. 8B, Centro, 77580 Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
Merkadito Del Mar is one of the most conveniently located seafood restaurants in all of Puerto Morelos. Well, in my humble opinion, anyways. You can walk right off the beach and up the steps into the restaurant, or walk through the open garage...
Quintana Roo 109, Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
We decided to visit the Gran Cenote outside of Tulum and were expecting to swim with turtles and fish. While there were a few pet turtles and goldfish, the only real wildlife were bats that hang up in the cave openings. The Gran Cenote is more...
Joaquín Zetina Gasca, Q.R., Mexico
Sweet, sugary, colorful, flaky, rich, eggy bread. It comes on a bicycle. If you sit on a street corner in any of the pueblos along Mexico's Mayan Riviera coast, it will pass by. All you need to do is wait. Of course the tamales bike will pass by...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast