River Cruising Experiences: America
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak , AFAR Local Expert
New Orleans, LA 70114, USA
If you're looking for some quiet time while visiting New Orleans (what?), consider heading across the river to Algiers Point—a residential section of New Orleans on the west bank of the Mississippi River, full of Creole cottages and other...
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, Virginia, USA
View of the Atlantic Ocean meeting the Chesapeake Bay as seen from the southern point of the Delmarva peninsula. This lookout point is just before the 23-mile Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, a link between the peninsula and Virgina Beach. The...
4580 Rachels Ln, Hermitage, TN 37076, USA
President Andrew Jackson owned this historic plantation, called the Hermitage, from 1804 until his death in 1845. Located about 10 miles east of downtown Nashville, the 1,100-acre site includes a mansion that has been meticulously restored with...
Port St, Montreal, QC H2Y 0B4, Canada
Toque flaunting is a Canadian game adored by millions. Toque flaunting is an all-season, all-weather game, despite the popular belief that it is only played during the winter months. Toque flaunting is best done in a public forum; Bonsecours Basin...
32 Avenue Bégin, Lévis, QC G6Y 4B8, Canada
One of the best views of Québec City is from the water; take a ferry ride across the St. Lawrence river from the base of the old city across to Lévis. (A round-trip is a relaxing half-hour at most.) Looking back at Québec, you'll agree with...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall