Rio de Janeiro
Collected by Teresa Matamoros
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Every Sunday since the 1970s, Bogota shuts off its streets to traffic and opens them up to the people during an event called the ciclovia. More than one million bikers, pedestrians and roller bladers take over 60-plus miles of highway. From 7 am...
Calle 16 # 5-60/70, Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
In the mist of my wandering around Bogota's historic La Candelaria section, I ran into a great galleria filled with local crafts of Colombia. A perfect stop to shop for gifts for friends and family.
La Macarena, Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. The Macarena district is the center of the city’s art scene. La Peluqueria not only offers edgy haircuts but also exhibits contemporary paintings. At the Alonso Garces Galeria (pictured), installations and...
Cl. 11 #6-50, Bogotá, Colombia
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. Near Plaza de Bolívar in the colonial Candelaria quarter, the city’s historic core, swing by La Puerta Falsa, a bakery and restaurant that has been run by the same family since 1816. Order the...
- 1 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 3 National Parks California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 4 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals