RIO DE JANEIRO
Collected by Brittany Finlayson
Praça General Osório - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20410-020, Brazil
Rio is one massive outdoor market: coconuts are sold everywhere along the beach, hand-macheted, cold and refreshing for just $5 RS, and tanned bums and muscly pecs are always on display. But there is another market that comes to Ipanema beach...
Saúde, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Every Monday night starting at 7pm and lasting until about midnight, the hills of Pedra do Sal are alive with the sounds of Samba. Expect to feel a bit unsure of where you’re going on the cab ride out to Pedra do Sal- surrounding it in the Saúde...
Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
So I had heard all about the good beach food at Copacabana, but I never expected how delicious it would be! This man was one of the few selling shrimp. Three skewers for 15 reals and I was in taste bud heaven. Lime juice and salt are added to the...
Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
One of the best things I ate while in Rio was Pao de Queijo (cheese bread). It is basically a baked ball of dough and cheese that melts in your mouth. Almost every cafe in Rio sells these...usually they give you a little bag filled with them so...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys