Rio de Janeiro
Collected by Sarah F. P.
Rua Pacheco Leão, 812 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22460-030, Brazil
Jojö is a great place to try contemporary Brazilian-Asian fusion cooking. I love the risotto with shrimp and pepper mixed with curry. The place is tiny, maybe five tables. The owner, Joana, always makes sure I get a great dinner—and a treat, like...
R. Jardim Botânico, 414 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
The visual arts school is located inside Parque Lage. The most important Brazilian artists from the 1980s onward studied here, including the abstract painter Daniel Senise. The mansion, stables, library, and great hall are all being renovated, but...
R. Maria Angélica, 129 - Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22470-201, Brazil
The pizza here is considered some of the best in Brazil. It’s fairly doughy, and my favorite type is called thebráz, which comes topped with zucchini. It goes great with a light beer like Brahma Chopp. Rua Maria Angélica 129, 55/(21) 2535-0687, ...
Humaitá, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Open only on Saturdays, this large market has stalls selling lots of fresh fruits and fish for good prices. Everyone who lives in Rio is addicted to açai, the Amazonian berry that’s loaded with antioxidants. The berry doesn’t come from this region...
Oi Futuro - R. Visc. de Pirajá, 54 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22410-003, Brazil
Name: Batman Zavareze
Neighborhood: Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Occupation: Marcelo Felipe Zavareze Marques, known as Batman for his childhood penchant for wearing superhero T-shirts, is the curator-director of Multiplicidade...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna