Rio de Janeiro
Collected by Margarida Girão
'Eu sou CARIOCA!'
Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
During the weekend mornings go for a walk between Botafogo and Flamengo beaches. You'll find the typical outdoor gyms with men lifting weights. If you like dogs, you’ll see so many that it looks like a national meeting. Everyone talking with each...
Parque Nacional da Tijuca - Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
Behold the largest Art Deco statue in the world! The Cristo Redentor is one of the best monuments I’ve seen mostly because of it’s dramatic location with exceptional 360 degree views of Rio. It sits on top of the Corcovado mountain....
Praça Quinze de Novembro, Brazil
Because Rio de Janeiro is not only sun and carnaval, its center is a good spot to see beautiful old buildings like the National Library, the Municipal Theater which was closed for renovations while I was there, the bakery Colombo and its delicious...
Praia do Arpoador, Avenida Francisco Bhering, s/n - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22080-050, Brazil
There may be no better place in Rio to watch the sunset than Arpoador Rock. Wedged in between Ipanema and Copacabana, is it a gathering point for Cariocas and tourists alike to toast the day with a fresh caipirinha. Watch the sun fade behind...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village