Collected by Elizabeth Georgian
Planning for a visit to Riga during the Christmas Market in December 2013.
Nēģu iela 7, Latgales priekšpilsēta, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Riga seems to be pretty good at recycling historical venues - the 400 year old buildings of the old town, for instance, are now pizza joints and nightclubs. The pavilions housing the central market, opposite the train station, were actually built...
Jauniela 25/27, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
I liked Hotel Neiburgs because you don't just get a room, you get a studio-style apartment, complete with kitchenette so you can cook up some Latvian dishes of your own. The space is large, luxurious and modern... and extremely artful, being...
Raiņa bulvāris 7, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
I found this fascinating. It's dark and a bit dreary, but appropriate, since it recounts the history of occupation in Latvia starting with the Soviets, then the Nazis and then back to the Russians.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter