Collected by Kimberly Moorehead
Raiņa bulvāris 7, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
I found this fascinating. It's dark and a bit dreary, but appropriate, since it recounts the history of occupation in Latvia starting with the Soviets, then the Nazis and then back to the Russians.
Miera iela 10, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1001, Latvia
Miera Street - known as the Republic of Miera by the trendy arty sorts who frequent it - is a glorious bed of bohemianism in a bit of Riga most tourists won't easily find. But it's worth the hunt, not least for its relaxed and slightly eccentric...
Miera iela 19, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1001, Latvia
OK, there may be better cafes. You may have alternative preferences. But I absolutely adored the Dad Cafe in Miera Street. I came across it at just the right moment - a long morning of walking had left me desperate for an even longer sit, and this...
Herdera laukums 6, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
When we arrived in Riga, we happened to be there the weekend of the Riga Heritage Festival. There were local artisan booths, street performers, and games for the children. We saw part of a youth orchestra performance in the center court of the...
Skārņu iela 19, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
For the best 360-degree view of Riga, head to St. Peter's Church in Old Town and take the old, clanky elevator to the church's observation platform, the highest point in the entire city. The ride to the top is slow but your patience will pay off...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know