Rhine River Cruise: Germany
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak, AFAR Local Expert
Cruising south of The Netherlands into Germany along the Rhine is a real treat. The river actually serves as a major landmark separating Germany from it's neighbors. Discover big cities, small villages, and places in-between.
Domkloster 4, 50667 Köln, Germany
August 6th, 2004 As a non-religious person, I am still a big fan of church architecture. Its hard to get more iconic than the Cologne Cathedral. If you visit and arrive from the train station, you are dumped out directly beside it. Climb the...
65385 Rüdesheim am Rhein, Germany
The Rhine makes a sharp, scenic curve at Rüdesheim am Rhein, in the UNESCO world heritage Middle-Rhine valley. Local transport providers and a castle museum have banded together to provide a four-in-one excursion package that delivers a great...
Oberstraße 29, 65385 Rüdesheim am Rhein, Germany
Siegfried's Mechanischem Musikkabinett in Rüdesheim am Rhein is well worth a stop. Guides in period costumes (from the early 20th century, the heyday of mechanical music) lead the mandatory tours, which last 45 minutes and are available in nine...
Schlosshof 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Heidelberg Castle is amazing. Besides being the setting of The Student Prince, it also boasts the world's biggest wine cask -- and one of the world's best views. There's nothing wrong with the pastry in Heidelberg, either.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village