Collected by Kate Hadley
Tjörnin, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tjörnin is Reykjavik's central lake and a highlight in itself. A stroll around it at least once is a must. You can check out the many varieties of birds—though be careful if feeding them as the bigger ones can be a bit aggressive!—and also visit...
Sculpture & Shore Walk, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
January evenings in Reykjavik can be pretty cold and windy. But after dinner one night we decided to walk home along the waterfront and past the Sun Voyager sculpture. We were the only ones out and were able to enjoy the lights of Reykjavik all...
Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Opened in 2011, Reykjavík's Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre is not only the most significant classical music venue in Iceland (home to the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera), but also one of the country’s...
Tryggvagata 1, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Bæjarins beztu pylsur gets plenty of press, and plenty of attention from locals and visitors. I first read about this hot dog stand right here on AFAR, and made it my mission to visit my first night in Reykjavik. And my second. And my third... No...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 4Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5National ParksYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years