Collected by Sylvia Sabes, AFAR Local Expert
Discover Monaco, following in the footsteps of American actress-turned-royal Princess Grace.
Fontvieille, 98000 Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Precious four acres in Fontvieille have been transformed into a public park with a lake, monumental sculptures, and the Princess Grace Rose Garden, boasting 8,000 bushes of 300 different varieties of rose, including the Grimaldi Royal Family’s...
4 Rue Colonel Bellando de Castro, 98000 Monaco
There was a temple dedicated to Saint Nicholas on the Rocher as early as 1247, but the current Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, aka the Cathédrale de Monaco, aka Saint Nicholas Cathedral, was built in 1875. Home to the the...
9 Rue Princesse Marie de Lorraine, 98000 Monaco
In the 1970‘s Princess Grace, an American with Irish roots, acquired diplomat Count Gerald Edward O’Kelly de Gallach’s coveted book collection, then enriched it with tomes dedicated by past Irish President Eamon De Valera and other cherished...
Place du Casino, 98000 Monaco
In the cool underground, beneath the historic Hôtel de Paris, lies one of Europe’s greatest private wine cellars with over 400,000 bottles from mythical estates Lafite, Cheval Blanc, Yquem, Romanée-Conti as well as more modest houses making...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now