Collected by Sylvia Sabes-Dublanc , AFAR Local Expert
Discover Monaco, following in the footsteps of American actress-turned-royal Princess Grace.
4 Rue Colonel Bellando de Castro, 98000 Monaco
There was a temple dedicated to Saint Nicholas on the Rocher as early as 1247, but the current Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, aka the Cathédrale de Monaco, aka Saint Nicholas Cathedral, was built in 1875. Home to the the...
9 Rue Princesse Marie de Lorraine, 98000 Monaco
In the 1970‘s Princess Grace, an American with Irish roots, acquired diplomat Count Gerald Edward O’Kelly de Gallach’s coveted book collection, then enriched it with tomes dedicated by past Irish President Eamon De Valera and other cherished...
Place du Casino, 98000 Monaco
In the cool underground, beneath the historic Hôtel de Paris, lies one of Europe’s greatest private wine cellars with over 400,000 bottles from mythical estates Lafite, Cheval Blanc, Yquem, Romanée-Conti as well as more modest houses making...
- 1 Longreads Finders, Keepers
- 2 Tips + News CDC Approves At-Home COVID Tests for International Travel
- 3 Tips + News These Countries Are Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 4 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 5 Tips + News Need a New U.S. Passport? The Wait Time Is up to 3 Months Right Now