Restaurants Worth a Plane Ride
Collected by Jen Murphy, AFAR Contributor
My travels largely revolve around food and eating at restaurants from some of the world's most innovative and talented chefs.
Lima, Av. Pedro de Osma 301, Barranco 15063, Peru
A few years back, when Lima's Central Restaurante was closed because of zoning issues, Peru's celebrity chef, Gastón Acurio, was one of many who petitioned for it to be reopened. I knew that meant the young chef at Central, Virgilio...
2579 W Shore Dr, Lummi Island, WA 98262, USA
3316 17th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
The chef behind the open-hearth fire at Saison described this nasturtium wrap as the best taco in San Francisco. He could be right. The wrap may have been the most beautiful dish from Josh Skenes's tasting menu, but my highlight was a tuna...
41 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore 089855
Chef André Chiang of Singapore's haute dining spot, Restaurant André, has an obsession with the Snickers bar. The young chef reinvents the classic American candy each year for his menu. He wanted to offer his guests a timeless chocolate dessert...
320 Village Ln, Los Gatos, CA 95030, USA
I am one of those crazy people who doesn't think twice about traveling to remote or odd places in the name of an amazing meal. In Los Gatos, a tiny town 45 minutes from San Francisco that has an alarming number of nail salons and well, not all...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village