restaurants of nyc
Collected by AFAR Explorer
99 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10003, USA
The first thing you notice, even before Ngam’s inviting interior of exposed bricks and naked bulbs, are the fragrant smells coming from chef Hong Thaimee’s open kitchen—which is also the best place to park yourself for some of Hong’s modern...
13 Doyers St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Manhattan’s oldest dim sum parlor plays the part to the hilt, from faded storefront to checklist ordering. For kids, there’s a time-warpy thrill to seeing what Chinese restaurants used to look like. Lure them in with the scallion pancakes; seal...
195 Dekalb Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA
Grab dinner at a funkyCheers-type South African restaurant that celebrates Nelson Mandela. This is one of the top hip spots—and I don’t ordinarily like using the wordhip. —Jason Lampkin As told to Linda Dyett. See all ofJason Lampkin’s favorite...
115 St Marks Pl, New York, NY 10009, USA
I stumbled into a brilliant Aussie pie shop called Tuck Shop at 68 East 1st & 2nd Avenues. All the pies were of course homemade & they were only $6.00. A barging for sure. Ah, the pie shop brought back humble memories of Australia. I had a lovely...
25 W 8th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
Chef Tommy Lai, the first-ever Malaysian chef to receive a Michelin star in New York, recently opened Rasa on 8th Street not far from Washington Square Park with his sister, Camie. One slurp into my Chicken Curry Mee soup and I knew my first visit...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now