Collected by Laura J. Hernández
Say you REALLY want to get off the beaten path in the Caribbean. No other experience in the islands affords such a decidedly UN-island vibe than climbing Pico Duarte in the Dominican Republic. Ascending Pico Duarte is a hike and half. It starts...
Las Terrenas 32000, Dominican Republic
Set among gardens and hammock-strung trees, Hotel Bahía Las Ballenas is a stylish and utterly laid-back retreat. The 32 sherbet-colored rooms feature private terraces, tiled outdoor showers, wooden shutters, and thatched roofs.From $110, including...
Paradise Island, Dominican Republic
Paradise Island is one of the many excursions you can enjoy while visiting the north coast of Dominican Republic. The day begins with being driven out to a beach near Monti Cristi and dropped off. From there you are taken by speed boat to Paradise...
Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Designed by Oscar de la Renta, who was also a guiding force in the original vision for Puntacana Resort, Tortuga Bay Hotel has 13 freestanding villas comprising 30 suites, each with Frette linens, a kitchenette, and a balcony or terrace with views...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May