Collected by Laura J. Hernández
Say you REALLY want to get off the beaten path in the Caribbean. No other experience in the islands affords such a decidedly UN-island vibe than climbing Pico Duarte in the Dominican Republic. Ascending Pico Duarte is a hike and half. It starts...
Las Terrenas 32000, Dominican Republic
Set among gardens and hammock-strung trees, Hotel Bahía Las Ballenas is a stylish and utterly laid-back retreat. The 32 sherbet-colored rooms feature private terraces, tiled outdoor showers, wooden shutters, and thatched roofs.From $110, including...
Paradise Island, Dominican Republic
Paradise Island is one of the many excursions you can enjoy while visiting the north coast of Dominican Republic. The day begins with being driven out to a beach near Monti Cristi and dropped off. From there you are taken by speed boat to Paradise...
Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Designed by Oscar de la Renta, who was also a guiding force in the original vision for Puntacana Resort, Tortuga Bay Hotel has 13 freestanding villas comprising 30 suites, each with Frette linens, a kitchenette, and a balcony or terrace with views...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum