Collected by Laura J. Hernández
Say you REALLY want to get off the beaten path in the Caribbean. No other experience in the islands affords such a decidedly UN-island vibe than climbing Pico Duarte in the Dominican Republic. Ascending Pico Duarte is a hike and half. It starts...
Las Terrenas 32000, Dominican Republic
Set among gardens and hammock-strung trees, Hotel Bahía Las Ballenas is a stylish and utterly laid-back retreat. The 32 sherbet-colored rooms feature private terraces, tiled outdoor showers, wooden shutters, and thatched roofs.From $110, including...
Paradise Island, Dominican Republic
Paradise Island is one of the many excursions you can enjoy while visiting the north coast of Dominican Republic. The day begins with being driven out to a beach near Monti Cristi and dropped off. From there you are taken by speed boat to Paradise...
Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Designed by Oscar de la Renta, who was also a guiding force in the original vision for Puntacana Resort, Tortuga Bay Hotel has 13 freestanding villas comprising 30 suites, each with Frette linens, a kitchenette, and a balcony or terrace with views...
Playa Rincon, 32000, Dominican Republic
On the Dominican Republic’s northern coast, near the tip of the Samaná Peninsula, this unpopulated Atlantic beach stretches three miles from Cape Samaná to the cliffs of Cape Cabrón. To get here, you’ll need to take a four-wheel-drive vehicle or a...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time