Collected by AFAR Explorer
Te Rua Manga, Cook Islands
Head for The Needle! Inexperienced hikers can look to Pa for the locally-guided tour, but if you want to save $70 and go at your own pace, it's doable without assistance. My husband and I finished in about two hours. It is recommended that you go...
Avana Tapere, Cook Islands
My husband and I ended up at The Mooring just past Muri Beach. We had heard good things so we decided to give it a go, and we were not disappointed at all! This is hands-down some of the freshest fish I have ever had. The sandwich was so flavorful...
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
On the most magical island in the World I stole myself away from the sun and surf for a few hours and made what is called the "cross-island hike." The island of Rarotonga sits like a witch's hat on top of the sea, with a small flat brim at the...
Avarua District, Cook Islands
Headed to the Cook Islands, I was expecting to see mostly imported beers from other countries, like Heineken, Steinlager and so on. However, to my surprise and enjoyment, I discovered that Rarotonga had a microbrewery making a pair of craft beers...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles