Collected by Shesellsseashels
Kamaryut, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
There are many characters in Yangon, but none more fabulous than the Fabulous Mr. Kyi who has the most remarkable store, jammed pack with antiques, almost antiques, folk art, real art and curious. It's tucked down a side street off of Than Lwin...
Pabedan, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Wonderful restaurant serving great food and helping the youth of Yangon get off the street and to work (it's a restaurant! it's a shelter! it's amazing!) Look for the sign (pictured) and then up the stairs. Amazingly good food, great prices and...
35 Taw Win Road, Dagon Township, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Wooden gangway leading from the entrance to the reception area of the fantastic Governor's Residence hotel in Yangon, Myanmar. Once the official home of the governors of the British Crown Colony of Burma, this is one of the only 5-star hotels in...
85-87 Thein Phyu Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Near the Strand hotel, Monsoon Restaurant offers a wide menu that includes Myanmar, Thai, Chinese, Laotian, and Vietnamese cuisine. Maybe "less authentic" than most restaurants in Yangon, but I saw that as a good thing. Good people watching, nice...
92 Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Have a draught Dagon (the local Myanmar beer) at the bar of the venerable Strand Hotel in Yangon. Built in 1901 by the Sarkies brothers who were also responsible for the Raffles in Singapore and the E and O in Penang, the bar with its efficient...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village