Collected by Lily Chishiki
Nayón, Sector Huertayacu. Quito - Nayón Pichincha Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador
I have a small (to medium) fear of heights and any activity that requires me to fly unsupported through the air sounds terrible. But I’d never zip lined before so I figured I should try it in Mindo. Our guide Jorge drove my friend Jules and me to...
Ferroviaria Baja, Quito, Ecuador
The Feast of Epiphany – Three Kings Day – is an important celebration in many Catholic countries in Central and South America. This is especially true in Ecuador, where the celebration of the arrival of the three kings also served as an...
Chimborazo N4-106, Quito 170401, Ecuador
One of the stops on the city bus tour was this church. It is amazingly beautiful. I climbed up some rickety and questionable steps to get to the top and it was definitely worth it. It gives you a beautiful 360 view.
Calle Juan Rodríguez, Mariscal Foch 2-82, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Achiote is not your typical Ecuadorian restaurant. It does include some standard Andean items on the menu, like roasted guinea pig, but their speciality is reinventing old-time favorites adding a gourmet twist. One could say this is Ecuadorian...
Avenida Rio Amazonas N23-71, y Wilson, Quito 170143, Ecuador
A definite highlight! Snorkeling with penguins. We had a few lucky snorkeling sessions where they swam right up to us. The guides from the Lindblad national geographic expedition ship knew just where to take us for some incredible wildlife...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna