Collected by Beth Weesner
Manuel Cordova Galarza, Quito, Ecuador
My 3 best friends and I recently started practicing yoga. We discovered it independently - Ellen in Alaska, Anna in Michigan, Katie in Ecuador, and me in NY. While visiting Ecuador this past June for Katie's wedding, we came up with the brilliant...
Think cloud forest, and images of a mysterious fairy tale with a princess locked in a beautiful castle might spring to mind. In reality, this environmental phenomenon is exactly what it says: a forest of clouds which occur in the high-altitude...
Nayón, Sector Huertayacu. Quito - Nayón Pichincha Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador
I have a small (to medium) fear of heights and any activity that requires me to fly unsupported through the air sounds terrible. But I’d never zip lined before so I figured I should try it in Mindo. Our guide Jorge drove my friend Jules and me to...
Antonio de Ulloa, Quito 170129, Ecuador
Limpia is a cleansing procedure which is typical of Andean medicine. It involves the use of natural herbs, oils and rubs to bestow blessings of peace, harmony and prosperity, to cure diseases and ward off traumas. You can get a treatment for $10...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles