Quirky & Tranquil Places
Collected by Charu Suri
Jalan Pantai Cenang Lot 1047 Langkawi, Pantai Cenang, 07000 Pantai Cenang, Kedah, Malaysia
Bon Ton is a collection of old Malaysian wooden huts and buildings with thatch roofs - incredible architecture. The huts are scattered around a long pool with a restaurant at one end. Other buildings serve as great places for a snack or drink. Our...
We got to Reykjavik on a rainy night, and the first thing I saw and heard was a lot of people in the street partying and Cher's "Believe" blasting from some club, loud enough to hear it everywhere. I though then that this place was crazy, but then...
Crossville, TN 38571, USA
About twenty years ago, landscaper Horace Burgess felt a call from God to build the world's largest tree house. I can't say that what he built is the world's largest, but it's definitely impressive. The house is built around half a dozen trees and...
3501 Lexington Rd, Harrodsburg, KY 40330, USA
The last place I expected to fall in love with was Harrodsburg, Kentucky. But the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is something of an oasis: it retains every bit of its period-piece like charm with forward-thinking characteristics that defined the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now