Quick Escape to Montauk
Collected by Jenn Flowers, AFAR Staff
161 2nd House Rd, Montauk, NY 11954, USA
It’s a hot August day, and I’m in the hip fishing village of Montauk, New York, at the tip of Long Island. Three friends and I just arrived at Ruschmeyer’s, a Neverland for summer-loving grown-ups who want to relive their childhood camp memories....
183 Edgemere St, Montauk, NY 11954, USA
First built in 1967, the Surf Lodge has been a destination for surfers, artists, and musicians for decades. Today's Surf Lodge has kept that bohemian spirit, creating a breezy boutique for savoring Montauk's simple pleasures: sunsets, fishing,...
16 Navy Rd, Montauk, NY 11954, USA
Blessed with a brilliant beachfront location, Navy Beach is the spot where locals and in-the-know visitors come to watch the sun set from one of the best vantage points in town. With live music, comfy sunbeds and dishes like Soy-glazed Goldeneye...
17 S Edison St, Montauk, NY 11954, USA
South Edison never disappoints, with an always-reliable selection of oysters and the best raw bar in town. Their porgy a la plancha is a vision on a plate prepared with maitake mushroom, corn purée, jalapeño and micro ruby radish. Other standouts...
Montauk, NY 11954, USA
About three hours east of the hectic, bustling craziness of New York City lies one of the most tranquil enclaves anywhere—Montauk. Okay, so it's gotten a bit hipstery in the past few years, but there are spots that still remain unspoiled and...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter