Collected by Genevieve, AFAR Local Expert
Île d'Orléans, Quebec, Canada
I spent a few hours touring the Île d'Orléans, an island located along the Saint Lawrence River and about three miles east of downtown Québec. If you rent a car, it’s very easy to drive here for a few hours or for the entire day. If you don’t have...
180 Rue Dalhousie, Québec, QC G1V 4M8, Canada
Upon arriving to Québec City, a few people suggested I hop on the Québec-Lévis ferry for the best views of the city. During the day, the boat leaves from 10, rue des Traversiers every thirty minutes and in the evening the ferry departs on the half...
5300 Boulevard Sainte-Anne, Québec, QC G1C 1S1, Canada
Located a few minutes' drive from Québec City is Parc de la Chute-Montmorency. Depending on how much time and energy you have, there are several ways to explore the park. If you are in the mood for an adventure, I suggest climbing up the steps for...
179 Grande Allée Ouest, Québec, QC G1R 2H1, Canada
This sprawling museum is located in four buildings near Battlefields Park—the most recent of them, the Pierre Lassonde pavilion, opened in 2016 and was designed by starchitect Rem Koolhaas's OMA. The 25,000 works in its permanent collection...
3384 Chemin des Coudriers, Saint-Bernard-sur-Mer, QC G0A 3J0, Canada
Québec has a great farmer’s market called the Marché du Vieux-Port. Located in the center of town, (160 Saint-André Quai), the market is a short walk from both the trendy Saint-Josephs shopping and dining area and the the port at. Naturally, this...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local