Collected by Colette Battaglia
Via Ascanio Grandi, 56, 73100 Lecce LE, Italy
In his small private archaeological museum, Luciano Faggiano displays artifacts from multiple layers of Lecce’s history— Messapian, Roman, medieval, Byzantine—that he discovered digging beneath the floor of what he once hoped would become his...
Via Roma, 40, 73020 Santa Cesarea Terme LE, Italy
In the small coastal town of Santa Cesarea Terme, partake of the thermal sulfuric waters and various other wellness treatments, such as massage and respiratory therapy, in an updated classic 19th-century spa. For something more brisk, plunge into...
151 Union St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, USA
New York's Italian immigrants came from hard lives. They were often the poor, maligned, and disadvantaged peasants of the poor southern quarters of Italy. On ships they came from Napoli and Campania, from Calabria and Puglia, and especially from...
Via C. Muzio, 45, 73014 Gallipoli LE, Italy
The modern preparations of daily caught fish and such local specialties as purple prawns are gorgeous to look at on the plate and even better to eat. Make a reservation in advance. This appeared in the Nov/Dec 2015 issue.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022