Collected by Barbara Roberts
70011 Alberobello BA, Italy
Lured by the promise of an off-the-beaten-path UNESCO World Heritage site, I ventured to southern Italy to see the magical trulli houses in Alberobello. And I was enchanted. Back in the 1600s, these limestone houses were built without mortar so...
70022 Altamura, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy
The ancient city of Altamura (in Southern Italy) is perhaps most famous for its bread. But it's cobblestone streets that lead to time-halted cloisters, and their fierce grasp on old-world traditions could be the greatest asset. Altamura's position...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter