Collected by Stacey Rutherford
142 Calle Flamboyan, Vieques, PR 00765
Just sayin'... As far as beach bars go, this town's one-street scene is all bananas. After my trip, I called one of my awesome friends from college (go Providence!) who has frequented Vieques for work (lucky her), and when I told her how shocked I...
Bahía Bioluminiscente, Puerto Rico
This was the experience of a lifetime. We were fortunate to be there on the required dark night with no moon. We used see-through canoes to paddle to the middle of this inlet off the Caribbean at midnight. All wildlife in the very clear water was...
Vieques 00765, Puerto Rico
Descended from horses brought over in the 16th century by Spanish conquistadors, hundreds of wild horses rule the little island of Vieques. The horses, an attraction in their own right, dot the landscape wherever you go. With every encounter, I...
144 Calle Flamboyan, Vieques, 00765, Puerto Rico
Hands-down our favorite epicurean experience in Vieques, this place has a great wine list, delicious tapas, and classy, real table cloths (you'll pick up on this when you visit Esperanza). We had such great food while we were on the island, we...
27 Calle Benitez Castano, Vieques, 00765, Puerto Rico
Vieques is all the things you heard about it. Quiet, quant, low key, and beaches you must venture to. My favorite was Playa Negra. It has black fine sands and solitude. This photo was taken in Isabel Segunda (a small town near the ferry port)...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna