Collected by Michael Aloysius Lerner
100 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
The Hotel El Convento was once home to Carmelite nuns living simple lives dictated by their vows of poverty. Today, however, it’s one of Old San Juan’s most beautiful hotels, complete with exposed mahogany beams and louvered doors that...
151 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, 00902, Puerto Rico
Still a high school student at the time, I was thrilled when my cousins invited me to spend a night out on the town in San Juan. After a few rounds of tequila, an adventurous friend invested $75 in an oversized box of fireworks. We found a...
Calle Cementerio, San Juan, 00926, Puerto Rico
San Juan Cemetery lies on the coast adjacent to El Morro (San Juan's beloved fort) and nestled in the district La Perla, a rougher part of town. Its statues and tombs make it as beautiful as a New Orleans cemetery. Exiting El Morro, head down the...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign