Puerto Montt See/Do
Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region, Chile
Puerto Montt is known as the gateway to Chile’s Lake District and Patagonia but many travelers prefer to explore, eat and shop in nearby Puerto Varas, on Lake Llanquihue, the second-largest lake in the country. You can see the peaks of...
Located in the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, the Saltos de Petrohué (or Petrohué Falls) is a waterfall surrounded by verdant woodland with paths to explore if you feel adventurous. You can get close to the water on a small bridge (but if...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now