Puerto Montt See/Do
Collected by Gretchen Kelly, AFAR Local Expert
Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region, Chile
Puerto Montt is known as the gateway to Chile’s Lake District and Patagonia but many travelers prefer to explore, eat and shop in nearby Puerto Varas, on Lake Llanquihue, the second-largest lake in the country. You can see the peaks of...
Located in the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, the Saltos de Petrohué (or Petrohué Falls) is a waterfall surrounded by verdant woodland with paths to explore if you feel adventurous. You can get close to the water on a small bridge (but if...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos