Collected by Christina Kuo
Chapitre, 13001 Marseille, France
While living in Paris as an undergrad, I bought a train ticket to Marseille on a whim. It was a weekend trip, and I didn’t take anyone with me, nor meet anyone there -- no plans at all. The countryside passed in sweet silence on the 3-hour TGV...
12 Rue de Sainte-Cécile, 84580 Oppède, France
Oppede-le-Vieux is a hidden treasure in Provence that so many visitors miss and I'd encourage you to put it (and a stop at this enchanting little cafe) on your must-see list. Due to the design of this hilltop town, you'll have to park in a...
Palm Beach, 06400 Cannes, France
If you're in Cannes for holiday, passing by on a Côte d'Azur trip or at a conference with a few hours to spare, head to the Palm Beach casino away from the busy Croisette to do something nice for yourself! Stand up paddle boarding only needs...
84400 Saignon, France
Though my favorite Provencal hotel is now gone from Saignon, it is still the quintessential, hilltop town worth visiting when you're biking, hiking or driving through this area of France. The dreamy town center (all of three streets) will provide...
13210 Avenue Dr Edgar Leroy, 13210 Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France
Vincent van Gogh was a self-admitted patient at the Saint-Paul asylum in Saint-Rémy from May 1889 until May 1890. During much of his time there he was confined to the grounds of the asylum, and his works are great studies of the landscape and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now