Collected by jenille winder
Okopowa 49/51, 01-043 Warszawa, Poland
The Jewish cemetery in central Warsaw is one of the biggest in Europe and dates from 1806. The cemetery is filled with moving monuments to various figures including Janusz Korczak, an orphanage director who refused his freedom and remained with...
plac Defilad 1, 00-901 Warszawa, Poland
The Palace of Culture and Science looms large on the Warsaw landscape, a Stalinist wedding cake amidst modern, shiny glass skyscrapers. With food trucks out in force in the parking lot on the weekends, four theaters, two museums (Museum of...
Łazienki Królewskie, al. Ujazdowskie, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
Chopin concerts are a summer tradition at Royal Lazienki Park in Warsaw. Great pianists have performed beneath the Polish composer's monument every year since 1953 (Christina Biørkøe is featured in the photo). The performances run from May through...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind