Collected by Judy Faust
Breite Str. 24-28, 14467 Potsdam, Germany
Back in the 1840s, the "romantic" Frederick Wilhelm IV built a steam pump engine and disguised it in a building designed as a mosque. The steam pump engine was an engineering masterpiece of its time. It was used to pump water from the river into...
Im Neuen Garten 11, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
My spartan Cecilienhof room overlooked "the red star," a reminder of the Potsdam Conference held here in 1945. The heads of the three world powers of the day—Communist Party General Secretary Joseph Stalin, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and...
Maulbeerallee, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
I was staying in Berlin for a few days, and the weather had turned unseasonably cold. Even though it was raining, I decided to take a break from the city and went to Sanssouci. I had been sick for a few days, but despite my worries, Sanssouci was...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map