Collected by Scott Mathews
Douro, 3260 Figueiró dos Vinhos, Portugal
I have visited Napa and Sonoma, and have been to Tuscany, and Bordeaux, but no wine region of the world has surprised me with its beauty as much as the Douro. If your find yourself in Porto, it is well worth renting a car (or better yet, hiring a...
The Douro River Valley in Northern Portugal is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is the birth place of port wine. As I was driving around and exploring the area, I frequently saw large baskets of freshly picked grapes in hand woven baskets like...
R. António Manuel Saraiva 4, 5085-034 Pinhão, Portugal
Vintage Douro House is the by far the closest the superior Douro area around Pinhão gets to a full service five star hotel. The Vintage House Douro brings a bit of class and style to the Douro, giving travellers a more mainstream accommodation...
Fortaleza de Sagres, 8650-360 Sagres, Portugal
When you drive along the sun-baked Algarve coastline in Portugal, every beach you visit seems more amazing than the one you just left. Portugal is home to some of the most stunning beaches in the world, and I'll cast a vote for the wide expanse of...
Praia Castelejo, Portugal
While vacationing in the Algarve I wanted to visit a beach described as unusual and exotic. We left Lagos and traveled west past Vila do Bispo and followed the signs for about 15 minutes. We had heard that there was a beautiful beach in the area...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now