Collected by Hellen Willett
9680 Vila Franca do Campo, Portugal
Snorkeling at Ilhéu de Vila Franca is a unique experience: you are diving on your own private island. The water is quite warm for snorkeling, with variety of fish to see such as jelly fish, sea cucumber, etc. A crater that is just off the...
The islands of Faial and Pico are great for hiking. In Faial, the area is a natural park, and there is a hiking trail to the rim of the dormant volcano. Meanwhile, Pico (“Peak”) is the highest point in all of Portugal, built on volcanic explosions...
Rua dos Inocentes n1, C.Branco, Horta, Faial, Azores, 9900-323 Horta, Portugal
The Azores is one of the most popular points of ocean navigation. The harbor of Horta is a mythical stop for those who cross the Atlantic from west to east. It is here that thousands of sailors are between April and September. The life and the...
Sete Cidades, 9555 Ginetes, Portugal
"They say" that the 2 lagoons that make up the Lagoa das Sete Cidades used to be different colours... one blue and one green, but in recent times they have blended together and you can not longer see a colour difference. Regardless, these lagoons...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now