Collected by Hellen Willett
9680 Vila Franca do Campo, Portugal
Snorkeling at Ilhéu de Vila Franca is a unique experience: you are diving on your own private island. The water is quite warm for snorkeling, with variety of fish to see such as jelly fish, sea cucumber, etc. A crater that is just off the...
The islands of Faial and Pico are great for hiking. In Faial, the area is a natural park, and there is a hiking trail to the rim of the dormant volcano. Meanwhile, Pico (“Peak”) is the highest point in all of Portugal, built on volcanic explosions...
Rua dos Inocentes n1, C.Branco, Horta, Faial, Azores, 9900-323 Horta, Portugal
The Azores is one of the most popular points of ocean navigation. The harbor of Horta is a mythical stop for those who cross the Atlantic from west to east. It is here that thousands of sailors are between April and September. The life and the...
Sete Cidades, 9555 Ginetes, Portugal
"They say" that the 2 lagoons that make up the Lagoa das Sete Cidades used to be different colours... one blue and one green, but in recent times they have blended together and you can not longer see a colour difference. Regardless, these lagoons...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter