Portugal - Centro
Collected by Katy Hoogerwerf
Lugar de Taboeira, 3804-508 Aveiro, Portugal
The Municipal Stadium, which is the home of Beira-Mar of the Portuguese top division, has to be a top contender for most colorful stadium anywhere. It was built for the 2004 Euros, which are the European championships, and opened the year before....
When I visit Aveiro, I love to wander around the city. I especially love the canals and their alleys.I get to see the different moliceiros (boats), the fish market, the fishermen, tourists, and the many restaurants. There are several very good...
R. da Quinta do Cravo 17, 3830 Gafanha da Encarnação, Portugal
The Costa Nova coastline has long been the holiday destination for the surrounding cities and the traditional and colourful striped beach shacks still stand as a reminder of seaside holidays the way they used to be...
Largo Infante Dom Henrique, 2440 Batalha, Portugal
One of the most popular side trips from Lisbon is Batalha. When most people say they went to Batalha they refer to the Battle Abbey of Santa Maria da Vitoria. This magnificent church with its convent, cloisters, and unfinished chapels is one of...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village