Collected by AFAR Explorer
Seen from a distance from the mainland at Peniche, the Berlengas just look like giant rocks. But as you come closer and visit this archipelago, its beautiful small beaches, rock formations and biological diversity will impress you. The archipelago...
R. João Saraiva 22, 1700-051 Lisboa, Portugal
Live Love Ride - Portugal Bike tours operate cycling holidays in the best regions of Portugal. You get to discover wine regions such as the Alentejo, Douro or the Silver and Blue Coast, or even go on epic journeys from Porto to Santiago de...
83, R. do Diário de Notícias 73, 1200-365 Lisboa, Portugal
Who doesn’t need a pain killer once in a while? Take it in the form of a glass of wine from a pharmacy that is more than 100 years old, where the drugs were replaced by wine bottles in the glass-door cabinets. To accompany the wine, you can taste...
Rua da Graça 140, 1170-171 Lisboa, Portugal
Lisbon still has some secrets, and this is one not a lot of people know about. Located in Graça neighborhood, this old villa (more than 100 years old) sports wrought-iron balconies, tile friezes, and touches of Art Nouveau. These old houses were...
1250-096 Lisbon, Portugal
This is a romantic urban garden built in 1853 and organized around a large octagonal pond with a fountain. Below it, you can visit the Patriarchal Reservoir, designed in 1856. You'll see families with kids playing in the playground, old men...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019