Collected by Robert Stein
Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal
One of the most impressive monuments in the Lisbon area is located on the banks of the Tejo River in Belem. While it is not a UNESCO World Heritage site like its nearby neighbors Belem Tower and Jerenimos Monastery, it is a very commanding...
1100-240 Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon's well worn grit takes on a magical golden beauty at night. Here, on Lisbon's main square Rossio, the Rossio train station beckons travelers to step through her horseshoe shaped doors and step into the adventure of train travel. One of the...
R. Dr. Silva Teles 18, 1050-080 Lisboa, Portugal
This restaurant worker takes a little break while listening to local singers sing several Fado songs. The entertainment is only part of what makes " A Tasquinha" a lovely respite in a sightseeing trek up an Alfama hill to Sao Jorge Castle. Under...
nº 13, R. Bartolomeu de Gusmão 11, 1100-000 Lisboa, Portugal
Nutty bread layered with olive oil, jam, salt and cured pig's neck were the perfect accompaniment to rich Portuguese wine and 80 year old port. When visiting wine bars let the staff select your wines ask for the stories behind them. You'll feel...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign