Collected by Nicolette
Estrada de Monserrate, 2710-405 Sintra, Portugal
While the tourist hordes in beautiful Sintra, Portugal, are flocking to Pena Palace, head instead to Monserrate. The gardens here are massive and have been recently restored. We wandered here for hours without hardly seeing another person. The...
2750 Cascais, Portugal
Jump off the train (40 mins ride) in Cascais from Lisbon and borrow a free bike from the stand right outside the station. Weave through the ancient cobblestone streets and ride the rolling bike path along the coast to loosen up your legs and free...
Costa do Castelo 7, 1100-129 Lisboa, Portugal
Lisbon is filled with great restaurants varies from all kinds of Portuguese, Seafood, Mediterranean, Italian and more. You can find great Michelin stars restaurants, Chef-oriented kitchens and even street food to go. But there are also restaurants...
2300 Tomar, Portugal
Tomar Portugal is an amazing place to visit. Within this small town is a beautiful castle built by the Knights Templar, a jewish quarter with the oldest synagogue in Portugal (museum as well) and one of the funkiest museums ever visited- the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter