Collected by Michelle McCrory
Estrada da Pena, 2710-609 Sintra, Portugal
I decided to take a day trip to Sintra; which, I was told was kind of touristy, but worth the trip. So my expectations of the place were pretty low. After a short 40 min train ride from Lisbon and we arrive just in time to walk through the Pena...
R. Barbosa do Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra, Portugal
Just 45 minutes from Lisbon lies the mystical, castle-filled hilltop town of Sintra, also a UNESCO World Heritage site due to its rich history. One such castle is the Palace of Quinta da Regaleira. Gothic in style, from its outer structure to its...
Estrada de Monserrate, 2710-405 Sintra, Portugal
While the tourist hordes in beautiful Sintra, Portugal, are flocking to Pena Palace, head instead to Monserrate. The gardens here are massive and have been recently restored. We wandered here for hours without hardly seeing another person. The...
2710 Sintra, Portugal
Sintra is every storybook fairy tale that you've ever seen or imagined, brought to life. After a 45-minute train ride from Lisbon, you are transported to a land of times past: an entire city in the hills filled with castles, moats, palaces,...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights