Collected by WILL STOTTS
Portugal is one of the gems of Europe, inexpensive, friendly, and unforgettably beautiful!
Largo Miguel Bombarda 23, 4400-222 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
I love the use of terraces where we can enjoy the city from a different perspective, combining moments of pleasure with fantastic urban views. And if one of the best scenarios I know of is Porto, overlooking the Douro, and the best views are from...
R. de Belém 84-92, 1300-085 Lisboa, Portugal
If you're visiting Lisbon, chances are you'll make your way to nearby Belem to see some age of Discoveries sites like the Tower of Belem or Monastery of Jerónimos. But here's something you must do while you're in the district. Eat pastry. This is...
R. Júlio de Andrade, 1150-122 Lisboa, Portugal
A peaceful, romantic, 19th-century garden is somewhat hidden here. But it has a kiosk, esplanade, and view over Lisbon. The view includes Liberdade Avenue and its western slope, where stands the São Pedro de Alcântara vista point and also a view...
Pena, 1150 Lisbon, Portugal
There are so many places to visit in this neighborhood, but I don’t see a lot of tourists strolling here, maybe because it’s located in one of the seven hills, Santana. But this is a neighborhood with more than 400 years of history, so if you’re...
Largo do Chiado 20-23, 1200-108 Lisboa, Portugal
Founded nearly 200 years ago, Vista Alegre manufactures fine porcelain in its factory 155 miles north of Lisbon. Tour the facility to see how such pieces as the Trasso collection salad bowl are produced. Rua dos Alamos and Rua Augusto, Ilhavo,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village