Collected by Jackie Rogowski
Largo Miguel Bombarda 3, 4430-175 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
One would hardly come to Porto (or Oporto depending upon which map you use) without visiting their world renowned port houses. All stretched along the hillside on the south bank of the Duoro River in Porto there are many to choose from. We picked...
Largo Dom Luís I, 4430-106 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
The beautiful bridge spanning the Douro River connects the city of Porto with the riverside town of Vila Nova de Gaia, a wonderland lined with places to take a load off and taste some port. Cross the bridge on foot from Porto to reach a delicious...
Estrada do Bom Jesus, 4715-056 Tenões, Portugal
Only the a local would have known to take us to Bom Jesus. While staying with a host through Airbnb, two friends and I had the opportunity to spend the day with her and explore Braga. She told us, in her broken but sufficient English, of a church...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December