Collected by Esther Peh
3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
The tram gives Portland visitors stunning views of the city, river, and mountains beyond. Grab the streetcar from downtown out to the waterfront. You're delivered to the lower terminal for the three-minute ride carrying you 3,300 feet at 20 MPH to...
701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97205, USA
800 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214, USA
When you visit a too-cool-for-school city like Portland—you know, one full of hipster artists and musicians who spend their days sipping artisan espresso, brewing craft beer, and going for long bike rides through postcard-worthy...
3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214, USA
While having dinner at The Farm Cafe, I found that our server Cassie owns and operates a vintage store called Mag-Big on Hawthorne Blvd., one of the coolest vintage streets in America. Mag-Big sells handmade products from over 500 local artists...
Eastbank Esplanade, Portland, OR, USA
Visitors to Portland know all about Tom McCall Waterfront Park. In the summer, you can't miss the crowds swirling around festivals and street markets as you cross the iconic bridges. Locals, however, know to soak in a superior cityscape view...
1889 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Portland's food cart scene is obscene. There are so many "pods"—small to large groups of carts at a single location—it's impossible to keep track of what's located where. That's the kind of obscenity any community would love to have out in the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter