Port Vila, Vanuatu Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
This insightful museum, part of the Vanuatu Cultural Centre, aims to preserve, protect and develop the various aspects of Vanuatu’s cultural heritage. It offers a mix of historical and cultural artifacts, such as photos, tam tam drums, pottery and...
Ring Road, Mele Maat, Vanuatu
Situated around 10 kilometers (six miles) from downtown Port-Vila, this deservedly popular attraction consists of a series of hilltop aquamarine pools that flow into an impressive 35-meter (115-foot) cascade. Visitors can enjoy a swim in one of...
This colorful, well-known house has been run by artist Aloi Pilioko since his friend Nicolai Michoutouchkine passed on. The pair began painting vibrant canvases and collecting cultural artifacts here in the 1970s, and their home provides a...
Wharf Rd, Vanuatu
One of the best steak houses on the island, this welcoming restaurant specializes—as the name suggests—in stone-grilled steaks and other meats, with fresh local vegetable dishes served as sides. With great views of Port-Vila and friendly,...
Wharf Rd, Vanuatu
Port-Vila’s friendly and inviting handicraft market is a great place to while away a morning or afternoon. Stallholders are always happy to chat, and the quality of the products, which range from clothing like sarongs and T-shirts to woven...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May