Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
Nordaustlandet, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Meltwater rivers plunge down the steep ice cliffs of the Austfonna and Bråsvellbreen glaciers on Svalbard’s second-largest island of Nordaustlandet. A narrow passage between Nordaustlandet and Spitsbergen islands, the Hinlopen Strait...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022