playa del carmen mexico
Collected by Michael Taunton
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Just when it seemed like the Riviera Maya Riviera had become nothing but a sea of all-inclusive beach resorts, you stumble upon the quaint little Mexican village of Puerto Morelos. There are almost no huge developments, no shopping outlets, and no...
Av. Juárez Mza. 217, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Named after the mythical Alux drawn from Maya lore, this unusual restaurant is located inside a naturally formed cave. According to legend, Aluxes are the guardians of property and only appear at night. Born in the moonlight, they seek magical...
915 E Rte 66, Glendora, CA 91740, USA
A must-stop on any road trip in/out of Los Angeles, The Donut Man on historic Route 66 makes delectable light, fluffy and fresh donuts 24/7. The Tiger Tail with it's crunchy chocolate crisps are yummy, but the crumb cinnamon-sugar steals my heart....
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
1235 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464, USA
Planted in 1973, the magnificent avenue of oak trees that greets visitors at Boone Hall Plantation is a must-see. After taking it in, guests can walk through the plantation mansion or take a motor tour of the grounds, which cover 738 acres. At...
1870 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Few places mean more to Charleston than Bowens Island Restaurant, which has existed in one form or another since 1946. The original building, covered in Sharpie messages signed by diners over the years, burned to the ground in 2006. Current owner...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles