Collected by Julie Schwietert Collazo , AFAR Local Expert
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
While it's not recommended for people who are afraid of the dark or who tend to feel claustrophobic in small spaces, travelers who like adventures demanding physical fitness will likely enjoy a cave hike in Barra Honda National Park. A guide leads...
Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Visitors who are already SCUBA certified can register for a half-day or full-day diving excursion with Sirenas Diving, which leads guided trips to sweet diving spots in the Playas del Coco and Playa Hermosa area. Visibility in the dry season...
Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
While Tamarindo in Costa Rica is no longer a sleepy beach town known only to a lucky few, we can still settle ourselves onto the sand and feel like we have the vast skyline to ourselves. Staying in Playa Langosta, the beach just south of...
Playa Conchal G Cabo Velas, Provincia de Guanacaste, 50308, Costa Rica
Sometimes, the best day of vacation is spent hanging out at and around the hotel and finishing off the evening with some entertainment. On-site at the Westin is the Astrea Theater Bar and Lounge, where guests can enjoy live performances by local...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum