Collected by Julie Schwietert Collazo, AFAR Local Expert
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
While it's not recommended for people who are afraid of the dark or who tend to feel claustrophobic in small spaces, travelers who like adventures demanding physical fitness will likely enjoy a cave hike in Barra Honda National Park. A guide leads...
Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Visitors who are already SCUBA certified can register for a half-day or full-day diving excursion with Sirenas Diving, which leads guided trips to sweet diving spots in the Playas del Coco and Playa Hermosa area. Visibility in the dry season...
Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
The breezy, tropical fashion of locals can be enviable: Who wouldn't want to spend their days in cool, palm-fiber hats and colorful fabrics? Visitors who want to emulate the tico style can look for goods at Diamante Boutique in Tamarindo, where...
Playa Conchal G Cabo Velas, Provincia de Guanacaste, 50308, Costa Rica
Sometimes, the best day of vacation is spent hanging out at and around the hotel and finishing off the evening with some entertainment. On-site at the Westin is the Astrea Theater Bar and Lounge, where guests can enjoy live performances by local...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter