Playa Bonita, Panama
Collected by Julie Schwietert Collazo , AFAR Local Expert
Av Samuel Lewis, Panamá, Panama
For nearly 40 years, the family behind the jewelry store Reprosa has been making and selling reproductions of fine pre-Columbian jewelry and other historically and culturally significant pieces. Founder Frank Santomenno wandered into the business...
Calle 4ta, Panamá, Panama
As is the case in many countries, Panama's modern-day artisans are looking for ways to honor centuries-old craft traditions while allowing contemporary influences to inform their work. The results of these efforts vary, but at Papiro y Yo, a...
Panama City, Panama
Advanced Spanish speakers may want to visit Panama's Biblioteca Nacional, the National Library. Though they won't be able to check out books, they can participate in literary and cultural programming that is open to the public. Among the...
Calle Isaac Hanono Missri, Panamá, Vía Israel, Panamá, Panama
Travelers who prefer books and other cultural reminders of their travels to dust-collecting tchotchkes can shop for a literary souvenir at El Hombre de la Mancha, a bookstore inside the Multiplaza Pacific Mall. This bookstore has titles published...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May