Placs To See
Collected by Sylvia Buckland
13 Doyers St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Manhattan’s oldest dim sum parlor plays the part to the hilt, from faded storefront to checklist ordering. For kids, there’s a time-warpy thrill to seeing what Chinese restaurants used to look like. Lure them in with the scallion pancakes; seal...
Plaça de l'Almoina, s/n, 46003 València, Valencia, Spain
Its full name is “The Metropolitan Cathedral–Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady of Valencia,” but people will know what you mean if you just call it the Valencia Cathedral. Consecrated in the 13th century, the cathedral has what it claims to...
Plaça de la Verge, València, Valencia, Spain
Take a quick break from sightseeing, and enjoy an afternoon cocktail in the Placa de la Mare de Deu. Join the locals in this ‘placa culture’ – relax as you watch school children stroll by on their walk home, say hi to the neighborhood dog that...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos