Placs To See
Collected by Sylvia Buckland
13 Doyers St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Manhattan’s oldest dim sum parlor plays the part to the hilt, from faded storefront to checklist ordering. For kids, there’s a time-warpy thrill to seeing what Chinese restaurants used to look like. Lure them in with the scallion pancakes; seal...
Plaça de l'Almoina, s/n, 46003 València, Valencia, Spain
Its full name is “The Metropolitan Cathedral–Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady of Valencia,” but people will know what you mean if you just call it the Valencia Cathedral. Consecrated in the 13th century, the cathedral has what it claims to...
Plaça de la Verge, València, Valencia, Spain
Take a quick break from sightseeing, and enjoy an afternoon cocktail in the Placa de la Mare de Deu. Join the locals in this ‘placa culture’ – relax as you watch school children stroll by on their walk home, say hi to the neighborhood dog that...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States