Places to visit
Collected by Leah O'Neil
Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
The Taj Mahal is referred to as "the jewel of Muslim art in India,” by UNESCO in its listing on the World Heritage Site registry. The Mughal ruler Shah Jahan had the truly magnificent white marble...
Av. Xcacel Lt 1, Plano 2, Mz 18, Puerto Aventuras, 77782 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Sail across the clear waters of the Caribbean in your own mini catamaran. On a calm day you can see the reef below where giant sea turtles and hammerhead sharks play. If speed is more your thing, rent a jet ski for an hour. Of course, you might...
Bixby Creek Bridge, California 93940, USA
Featured in songs and films, the Bixby Canyon Bridge is a spectacular welcoming to Big Sur. My friend had been talking to me about it non-stop before our trip to the area. It wasn't until we were sat together on a cliff looking at the marvel that...
Ko Samui, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani, Thailand
I usually prefer an active holiday – cycling, trekking or similar – but every now and again I really love to spend a day (or three!) at the beach doing next to nothing. It’s not so much the sun I seek; I just find the sounds of the ocean amazing....
Koh Phi Phi Le, Ko Phi Phi, อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81000, Thailand
Maya Bay is no real secret - Leonardo DiCarprio's The Beach took care of that - but it is still one of the most naturally stunning places on earth. The old Thai longboats that settle in on the beach help add to the atmosphere too. As far as pure...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys