places to go and things to see
Collected by Danielle Lucier
452 Alberni Hwy, Nanaimo F, BC V0R, Canada
When you hug an 800 year-old tree, it feels like you are hugging your grandmother. Cathedral Grove is home to these giant trees and you can give them a hug in MacMillian Provincial Park on Vancouver Island. This is one spectacular rainforest, but...
We stayed at the Tigh Na Mara and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. With a family of 5 and there in the winter, the Log Cabins were perfect for us. We had the wood burning fireplace going the whole time, and the two bedrooms allowed us to put the...
606 Campbell St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, Canada
From Jamie’s Whaling Station, cruise the Clayoquot Sound aboard a 40-foot yacht with panoramic windows. Flannel blankets keep you warm as you watch seals and sea otters, and search for black bears hunting for crabs along the rocks. Don’t see a...
3735 Capilano Rd, North Vancouver, BC V7R 4J1, Canada
This 27-acre attraction in North Vancouver gets the heart racing with a suspension bridge that bounces 230 feet above a forested river gorge. Even more spectacular, however, is the Cliffwalk, a labyrinth of walkways along the granite flank of...
1 Canada's Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6, Canada
What you see here is the most terrifying rollercoaster in the world. This thing is so big that one of Wonderland's original coasters runs beneath it—and is not even visible in this frame. The Leviathan, as it is called, is so large that it...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now